Scala Developer at Dropsource
Join our team and change the way mobile apps are built. Dropsource is a platform to build data-driven native mobile apps. Our platform lets users visually design and develop their apps in a fraction of the time compared to traditional methods. You’ll be part of this innovative high-tech startup and you’ll join a passionate and exceptionally talented team. Each member of our team is responsible for the design, development and deployment of critical parts of our system. We follow an agile process but we heavily rely on individuals to get things done. Imagine being part of the engineering team building a next-generation mobile development platform.
What You’ll Do
You’ll work in the Dropsource Builder, a complex system that is responsible for generating the native source code behind apps built on the Dropsource Platform. The Dropsource Builder renders plugin content, extracts it, merges it all together, analyzes it, and exports to code. It is built on top of state-of-the-art technologies such as Scala, Akka, and AWS Lambda to provide a clean, scalable system. As a member of the Builder team you’ll have a say in the design and development of each feature. You’ll work alongside other designers, developers and testers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyze, design, develop, test and deploy new features for the Dropsource Builder
- You’ll be be using modern technologies and tooling; such as Scala, Akka, Lambda, etc.
- Work in a system that persists changes using Event Sourcing
- Write automated tests and incrementally improve the code base via refactoring
- Be a part of code reviews for your own code and for the code of other members of the team
Requirements and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- 3+ years experience working in agile teams developing complex systems
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, patterns, complexity, etc)
- Strong understanding of functional programming
- Working knowledge of Scala (preferred) or willing to learn Scala
- Working knowledge of Akka
- Thorough understanding of NoSQL databases
- Experience working in the AWS suite (EC2, Lambda, S3, Cloudwatch, IAM, etc.)
- Unit tests are part of your normal workflow
- Curiosity of new technologies and programming languages with the ability to learn them quickly
- Willingness to learn from others
Dropsource is headquartered in downtown Raleigh, NC and offers flexible work schedules, remote and telecommuting options, competitive salaries and benefits, and equity participation.
DROPSOURCE (QUEUE SOFTWARE INC.) IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Sound like the job for you?
Got what it takes? Send your resumé or CV.back to all jobs